Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. chapters 29-31

“Prime Numbers are what is left when you have taken all the patterns away. I think prime numbers are like life. They are very logical but you could never work out the rules, even if you spent all your time thinking about them.” (12)
I find this quote significant because all of his chapters are in prime numbers. I think that because he is autistic he sees things in a different way witch is really interesting to me. His book is filled with pictures and interesting descriptions unlike any book I have ever read. In these chapters he also explains how he doesn’t understand the use of metaphors. When he hears things like “I laughed my socks off” he doesn’t understand that because he actually think someone is laughing their socks off. To me seems very strange but it is because of his autism that he thinks like that. He is also very obsessed about time he has to have his watch on at all times and wouldn’t even take it off when he went in to his jail cell.
So far, I fond this book very interesting and I am excited to continue reading this book.

No comments: